Followers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

It's almost Thanksgiving and my Dad is doing so well.  He is eating more and even walking a little bit with the walker, gait belt and my help.  It is such a joy to see how far he has come in such a short period of time.  Since I have been home, he has requested:  Goulash, seafood salad, pot roast, fish fry, salmon and too many other things I don't even remember!  It is all homemade with the exception of the fish fry -- you have to go out on a Friday night and get some.  It's one of the best things I like about Upstate New York.  It's not a Friday night without a fish fry!

Speaking of Thanksgiving, my sister, her husband, my niece Jessica and her two daughters will be here.  I'm going to make all homemade dinner with the Turkey:  Stuffing, bread, mashed potatoes with gravy, cranberry relish, green bean casserole, apple and pumpkin pies!  I enjoy cooking for my family and it is such a treat to be able to do so.  It's a lot of work and preparation; however, it is for my family and after being on the road for 12+ hours, I want them to sit at the table and eat -- not have to worry about cooking.

I hope everyone out there has a great day with their family and friends and you don't forget what the day means.   Be grateful in everything and to everything give praise, glory and honor to Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment